Nothing About Us, Without Us! Awards for Laos
In light of the principle of “Nothing about us, Without Us”, Voice in Laos wishes to recognise inspiring inclusive initiatives from Laos that promote diversity and inclusion, and trigger the self-empowerment of rightsholder groups and communities through the Nothing About Us, Without Us! Awards.
For this reason, NOW-Us Laos! is meant for initiatives that are led by and have been fully developed by the rightsholder groups and/or communities themselves to promote/demand their inclusion in society. In particular, such initiatives should be about the promotion of:
- Improved access to (productive) resources (finance, land and water) and employment
- Improved access to social services, health and education in particular
- Improved spaces for political participation and citizen engagement
In order to be eligible for NOW-Us Laos! your initiative must fit ALL of the following criteria:
- Your organisation (a not-for-profit organisation, community-based oranisation, self-help group or social enterprise) is Laos–based and legally registered as a local organisation (with a working bank account in your local currency).
- If you are not a registered organisation, please list a host institution that can serve as the legal and financial host for your initiative.
- Your organisation is fully led by individuals (staffing, governance, design and implementation) that belong to the very same target groups/rightsholders that it serves and benefits.
- You have a track record on being inclusive in your ways of working.
- Your initiative is innovative and has the potential for impact.