The Fulbright scholarship will fund up to two years of study at the Master’s degree level at a U.S. university starting in the fall of 2021. All disciplines and academic fields of study are available under this program, with the exception of medicine and other clinical studies. The program provides funding for tuition, round-trip international travel, living stipends, and health insurance. Iraqis, both men and women from all parts of the country who have outstanding academic records and work experience are urged to apply.
- Be Iraqi citizens who are resident in Iraq and demonstrate a clear commitment to return to Iraq at the conclusion of their program.
- Hold a B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited institution of higher education at the time of application.
- Have a minimum of two years of work experience after graduation.
- Be proficient in English with the ability to score 80 or more on the internet-based TOEFL exam or 550 or more on the paper-based TOEFL. Note: TOEFL score is not required at the time of application. Candidates who are selected after application review will be required to take ITP TOEFL as part of the selection process. Candidates who are selected after interviews will be required to take TOEFL and GRE to gain admission to a U.S. university. Test fees will be covered by the program.
- Write their research objective and personal statement themselves, without copying from the Internet or any other source. Such copying is considered plagiarism and will result in applicant’s immediate disqualification.