What is it?
A grant of up to £5,000 available for nature conservation projects
Who/what is eligible?
- Individuals or small groups.
- Projects outside the first world
Critical components of the application
- Projects should focus on nature/biodiversity issues in non-first world countries
- Impact must be pragmatic, measurable and long lasting
- The grant must make up a significant part of the total budget
- Funds must be used predominantly for field-based activities
- Applications must be submitted through the online applications section of this website.
- The project should be a minimum of 12 months duration
Who/what is generally not eligible?
- Projects in first world countries
- Pure research with no obvious conservation benefit
- Attending a conference or seminar
- It is only possible to apply for a Completion Grant upon successful usage of a 2nd Booster Grant
- A Completion Grant is up to £15,000
- Activities must focus on developing important elements identified in the project supported by the 2nd Booster Grant.
- The grant can ONLY be given to an organisation
- Applications must be submitted through the online applications section of this website
- The review process can take up to 6 months.
- Applicants are expected to look for matched funding from sources other than Rufford
Having received a Completion Grant, applicants cannot be given any further support from the Rufford Small Grants Programme