The tenth annual EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women Program is a national competition and executive leadership program that identifies a select group of high-potential women entrepreneurs whose businesses show real potential to scale — and then helps them do it.
Entrepreneurial Winning Women will be expected to demonstrate the necessary qualities to take the fullest advantage of this opportunity, including ambitious company growth goals, energy, creativity, entrepreneurial purpose and passion.
To take advantage of this extraordinary opportunity, applicants must fit the following criteria:
- Woman business owner (at least a 51% owner) who is the founding CEO of any privately held US or Canadian company less than 10 years old. If there are other women co-founders, they may apply as a group if the group meets the ownership criteria.
- For those women who have sought outside investment, the founding woman entrepreneur may still apply if she retains a majority ownership stake of what’s left after deducting all outside investments.
- Company must have reported at least $2m in sales for each of the last two fiscal years. (Typical applicant company revenue ranges from $2m up to approximately $30m annually.)
- 2019 applicants must be able to attend a two-day orientation session on September 24 – 25 in New York City as well as the EY Strategic Growth Forum, November 13-17, in Palm Springs, California. Attendance at both the Orientation and Strategic Growth Forum is mandatory.
- Please note the following additional eligibility rules:
- Only for-profit businesses may apply.
- Franchisors are eligible, but franchisees are not.
- Former EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® Award winners are not eligible.