The Copyright Agency is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been standing up for creators for more than 40 years. We enable the reuse of copyright-protected words and images in return for fair payment to creators.
The Copyright Agency’s Author Fellowship will support an established Australian author to create a new work for publication or performance and is open to novelists, playwrights, poets, children’s and young adult writers, picture book illustrators and journalists.
The Fellowship will provide sustained support for a year to one Australian author to create an important work. Applicants should submit a compelling description of their project accompanied by a writing sample to demonstrate their literary merit.
- Applicants must have previously published/performed at least five full-length works of their own writing (of which two books may be self-published).
- Authors must have secured either a publishing contract for the work or a letter of intent to publish from a publisher.
- Authors must submit their own applications. Publishers cannot apply on behalf of authors.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must have acquitted any overdue Cultural Fund grants.