The L'Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science aim at promoting the participation of young women in science. This program determines and rewards young talented female researchers in the Life Sciences (biology, biochemistry, genetics, physiology, biotechnology, ecology, biochemistry) and the Physical Sciences (physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth and universe sciences).
Founded in 2007, the L'Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships aim to distinguish young women researchers for the quality of their works and to encourage them to pursue a brilliant career in science.
The L'Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science 2019 are set to be awarded to 5 young women scientists from 4 different countries of the Maghreb: Algeria, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia. The Maghreb Fellowships Programme is established within the framework of a partnership between the Fondation L'Oréal and UNESCO.
- Doctoral & Postdoctoral level
- Open to all scientific fields
- Maximum 35 years old
- Studying in the region
Top 3 selection criteria :
- Academic excellence
- Quality and originality of the research project
- Capacity to promote science among young people
Conditions of Awarding
Eligible for the fellowship applicants who are:
- Applying for a PhD or post-doctoral studies.
- Not working permanently in 2019.
- Working on a PhD or having obtained it and willing to pursue research in one of the fields cited in paragraph 1.
- Working in one of the 4 countries listed in paragraph 1.
- Max 35 year old at the closing date of the call for applications (31 July 2019).
As established by the regional jury, the selection criteria are the following:
- The excellence of the applicant’s academic portfolio (including number, quality and impact of their publications, conference presentations, patents ...).
- The scientific quality of the research project.
- The innovative and promising character of the research work (relevant, original, unique ...) and its implementation in science.
- The socio-economic impact of the project/ research.
- The candidate’s professional experience
Fellowships must be devoted exclusively to the promotion and development of research and should in no way substitute the responsibilities of laboratory towards its researchers (Displacement, work tools, equipment, and participation in congress…). They are neither renewable nor combined with other research grants.