FEMNET is a pan-African feminist network of over 750 women’s rights organizations that has been mobilizing and connecting, strengthening capacities, informing and sharing experiences to promote women’s rights and the gender equality.
Our Key Thematic Areas
- Women’s Economic Justice
- Women’s Leadership and Governance
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Ending Violence against Women and Girls
- Ending Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and early marriage.
FEMNET exists to facilitate and coordinate the sharing of experiences, ideas, information, and strategies for human rights promotion among African women’s organizations through networking, communication, capacity-building and advocacy at the regional and international levels.
FEMNET membership is open to:
- African feminist organizations
- Organizations dealing with women’s rights issues at national, sub-regional and regional levels, and in the diaspora.
- Organizations that share FEMNET’s vision
Membership rates (Renewable Annually)
- International/regional organizations: USD400
- Sub-regional organizations: USD250
- National organizations: USD150
- Individuals: USD30 (associate membership only
Organization Membership Benefits
- Creating linkages and networking opportunities for members across the continent and diaspora for cross-learning and cross-sharing.
- Profiling of member organizations in FEMNET’s publications and other information tools and platforms.
- Participating and working closely with member organizations in the advocacy of regional, sub- regional and national based campaigns that seek to promote women’s rights and gender equality issues.
- Sharing information on training, capacity building and resource mobilization opportunities.
- Supporting members in their fundraising efforts and capacity building.
- Member organizations host and co-ordinate FEMNET’s events in their respective countries.
- Participate in the Programming Conference and General Assembly held every three years.
Individual Membership Benefits
- Receive FEMNET Publications
- Participate in the Programming Conference, held every three years
- Synergy and best practices and break-through initiatives that are transforming the lives of women in different parts of Africa;
- Contribute articles to FEMNET publications and for the website, blog;
- Included in the FEMNET African Women’s Experts database and could be contracted to undertake research and consultancy assignment for FEMNET or recommended to other organizations;
- Receive regular updates on women, gender and development issues in Africa;
- Sponsorship to regional and international meetings when funds are available.