We support African broadcasters to provide radio services that share knowledge with, and amplify the voices of, small-scale farmers, their families, and their communities.
We envision a world where the work of African farm families brings prosperity and food security to themselves, their communities and their countries.
To provide and exchange practical, relevant and timely information for use by our broadcasting partners (community, public and private radio stations, farmers associations, productions houses).
To enhance the ability of our broadcasting partners to serve the interests of small-scale farmers and their communities and to ensure food security.
- Equitable Development: We encourage social and economic change that is beneficial to small-scale farmers and farming families and that is gender inclusive and respectful of cultural diversity.
- Community Self-Reliance: We encourage community self-reliance and control of local development. We respect local cultures and the voices and decisions of farmers and their communities.
- Sharing Knowledge: We encourage innovation and shared learning by exchanging knowledge.
- Use of Media: We support the use of radio and its integration with new media technologies to ensure that knowledge is shared with the widest appropriate audience.
- Partnership: We collaborate with a diverse range of broadcasters and other stakeholders to make our work effective.
- Integrity and Solidarity: We encourage journalistic activity that is characterized by accuracy, fairness and balance. We defend media freedom.
- Environmental Sustainability: We support practices, policies and technologies that promote sustainable and equitable development. We promote the conservation of natural resources and bio-diversity for the benefit of all.
- International Solidarity: We favour trade and aid policies that support the efforts of small-scale farmers to create sustainable rural livelihoods
How to apply
If your radio station is in sub-Saharan Africa and you wish to join Farm Radio International, please fill in the application form and send it to Farm Radio International by email, by mail or by fax.
Application form (Microsoft Word)
Application form (Adobe Acrobat)