What does the Gordon Darling Foundation support?
The Foundation provides funding for a range of visual arts projects Australia-wide.
Funding may be provided for:
- catalogues and publications
- that are scholarly
- that provide a permanent record of an exhibition, collection, artist or movement
- the Foundation does not fund souvenir or promotional publications
- exhibition development excluding marketing or promotional costs
- professional education initiatives including individual professional development
- research projects
NB. Applications for international travel should only be made through the Darling Travel Grant Global Program - see Application Procedures below.
The Foundation does not normally fund:
- capital works
- general or core activities
- retrospective funding
- recurrent funding of a project
Who is eligible ?
The Foundation can only provide funding to Public Institutions in Australia.
Individuals wishing to apply for funding for projects are required to partner with a Public Institution which then takes responsibility for the project.
The Trustees will normally award only one application per organisation in any given year.
The Foundation encourages applications from all over Australia.
The Foundation is a funder of innovative projects.
The Foundation is a funder of projects providing increased access to the visual arts.
Projects will be expected to attract considerable public exposure.
Projects should demonstrate the highest levels of professional practice.
The Foundation may be the sole grant provider or the lead donor or a participant in a collaborative funding with other private and/or public donors.
The Foundation will not normally support projects that have been almost fully funded from other sources.
Preference will be given to projects which will tour.