Launched in 2013, CSAAE is dedicated to harnessing the potential of young people and providing the kinds of tools and trainings that endow them with the capacities, competencies, and character necessary to sustain themselves, create opportunities that help others sustain themselves and embrace their roles as critical actors in building a better Africa. CSAAE is registered as a non-profit organization in Nigeria and a 501(c)(3) in the United States.
The Founder, Dr. Godswill Agbagwa, a Catholic Priest and University Professor, grew up in Nigeria. While studying abroad as a college student, he was struck by the contrasts he saw between the levels of poverty and under-development in Nigeria compared to Western countries he visited. That experience became the genesis of CSAAE, its programs, and the core values at the foundation of his work, which include:
- Accountability: Accepting responsibility for one’s activities and in a transparent manner.
- Solidarity: A commitment to the common good.
- Integrity: Being honest and fair.
- Creativity: Thinking and actualizing new ideas.
- Punctuality: Being prompt and following through on commitments.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Nigerian citizen
- Must not only have a phone or tablet that can-do WhatsApp but also must continuously have such phone or tablet and can afford to be online for our weekly online training.
- Must have the time to be online every Friday from 8pm – 10 pm for our weekly training.
- Must be able to travel to any part of Nigeria twice yearly for our Foundation Conferences and Mid-Year Leadership Portfolio Summits.
- Must be able to pass CSAAE ethics tests.
- Must be committed to the common good of Nigeria and Africa.
Eligibility for Specific Areas:
Emerging Political Leaders:
- Must not only have a firm interest in running for political office or working in government but also have a clear plan to do so.
- Must be between 16 – 21 years of age by December 1, 2019
- Must be in first or second year of undergraduate studies in a Nigerian tertiary institution
- Must be able to initiate and manage a community development project that addresses a specific social problem that one cares so much about. The project must be able to grow into a mega social enterprise after three years.