South Africa needs an increase in science and engineering graduates if we are to effectively resource the country with necessary and scarce skills to achieve goals of the National Development Plan and ensure a successful and sustainable future for our citizens. SANSA provides post graduate degree bursaries to contribute to the national target for qualified post graduates in science and engineering.
The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants are financial need, academic potential and career-oriented study programmes.
Please note the following:
- An application will only be considered if it has been completed properly and in full.
- Documents that accompany the application form must be uploaded andcertified .
- Testimonial form must be completed by the supervisor and uploaded to the application form.
For the 2020 academic year successful applicants will receive bursaries with values as stated below:
- Hons – R60 000 (one year).
- Masters – R98 000 per year for two years.
- PhD – R120 000 per year for three years.
Applicants may not hold a combination of bursaries that exceed these amounts. Should an applicant have another bursary of lessor amount, SANSA will consider providing a top-up amount to the student provided the student meets the criteria mentioned above.
Support for continuing years is not guaranteed and will depend on satisfactory progress during the previous year.
The completed application must be submitted no later than 15 September 2019 if you want to be considered for a bursary for 2020.