This call for proposals will support projects that improve the quality of, access to, and demand for integrated health services and information for women, adolescents and children at the community, health facility and health system levels. At least 50% of the funding will be allocated to projects that address sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), particularly for women and adolescent girls, on identified critical gap areas:
- reproductive health services
- comprehensive sexuality education
- family planning and contraceptives
- safe and legal abortion and post-abortion care
- sexual and gender-based violence (including child, early and forced marriage, and female genital mutilation and cutting)
- advocacy activities for SRHR
Under this call, your proposed project must contribute to the achievement of this ultimate outcome:
- Increased enjoyment of health-related human rights by the most marginalized and vulnerable rights-holders, particularly women, adolescent girls and children, in official development assistance-eligible countries.
Review the following eligibility screening requirements. We will not pre-assess or comment on the eligibility of specific potential applicants. To be eligible, you must meet each requirement and, where stipulated, provide supporting documentation. If your organization is submitting a proposal on behalf of a group of organizations that would sign the funding agreement with Global Affairs Canada, each organization (i.e. co-signatories) must meet all of the following requirements and provide documentation:
- Your organization is a Canadian organization, legally incorporated in Canada and can provide proof of legal status (e.g. a letter of incorporation) along with a Canada Revenue Agency business number.
- Your organization is registered in the Partners@International portal.
- You must provide two separate financial statements for your organization’s most recent fiscal years. Audited statements are preferred. If this is not possible, statements must be signed by a member of the board of directors or delegate or by the owners. As financial statements usually provide comparative information from the previous year, these statements will be used to do a three-year trend analysis.
- As a signatory, you may submit only one application under this call. You may also participate as a non-signatory partner on other applicants’ proposals.
- If your organization submits more than one application under this call, as a signatory, we will only consider the application with the earliest submission time stamp.
- You must provide an Organization Attestation signed by your organization’s chief financial officer, financial director or president.
If you are unable to meet any of the above requirements, your organization will not be deemed eligible to apply under this call.