The Nordic Climate Facility (NCF) is a challenge fund set up in 2009 to finance early stage climate change projects in developing countries. NCF aims to build a portfolio of innovative business concepts which have been tested, proved viable and are ready to be scaled-up and replicated.
NCF is financed and managed by the Nordic Development Fund (NDF). The first four calls for proposals of NCF were administered by NEFCO.
The application process in a nutshell
- Do you have a great climate solution?
- Prepare an application for NCF and tell us about your project idea
- The strongest project ideas will receive between EUR 250,000 and 500,000.
- Test your climate solution in practice!
Eligible applicants must be registered legal entities, such as:
- For-profit companies and organisations;
- Non-profit organisations and social entreprises;
- Civil society organisations (CSOs); and
- Research institutes and universities.
Projects should be implemented through partnerships between Nordic and local partners in an eligible NCF country. In addition, the project partnership may entail other partners.
All project partners shall have a meaningful role in the implementation of the project.
NCF can finance projects in the following 21 countries:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia
- Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Laos, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Honduras and Nicaragua