EDUCATION: Master's degree in economics, business, international development, international relations or related area.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum seven years of relevant work experience.
LANGUAGES: Advanced English. Knowledge of other UN official languages in particular French or Spanish is an asset.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of international trade development and trade related development assistance (TRTA);
- Knowledge of strategic planning and governance;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts and data;
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals at all levels and different multicultural backgrounds.
- Applicants must hold African nationality.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age at time of application (women with children should be under 45 years of age).