The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), a network of 114 Universities in 38 African Countries, is pleased to announce the 2019 RUFORUM Young African Entrepreneurs Competition (RUYAEC). The overall purpose of the RUFORUM Young African Entrepreneurs Competition (RUYAEC) is to catalyze entrepreneurship through promotion of business innovation and provision of seed funding to young entrepreneurs with creative and innovative business ideas among African youth. RUYAEC, through an online application, invites young African entrepreneurs and incubates below 35 years of age to compete for 20 awards that show case their innovations, enterprises, business concepts and propositions.
Applications are invited from enterprises and individuals that meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Persons with an established business enterprise and/or those with innovations that can potentially be commercialized and/or those with business concepts
- The business enterprise/potential enterprise should have a defined business model that show case the innovativeness of the proposed enterprise/business/innovation.
- Persons in the age category 16-34 years
- Submissions should be in English or French using the template provided.
- Be a citizen and resident of the targeted West African region (see the countries listed above).
- Not one of the 2016 and 2018 RUFORUM Young Innovators Awardees