The Hello Tomorrow Global Challenge is a renowned global startup competition designed specifically to address the needs of deep tech entrepreneurs across several industries. The Challenge was created in 2013 by two PhD students, Xavier Duportet and Arnaud De La Tour, who realised that the resources needed to propel emerging technologies were different from those of traditional web and mobile innovation.
The Challenge gives scientists and deep tech entrepreneurs around the globe a platform for their research and projects, providing participants with equity-free funding, global visibility and connections with key players in the deep tech innovation network and other fellow entrepreneurs. To date, previous early-stage participants have raised more than $300 million in funding.
Applications are open until September 13th, 2019. The Grand Finals will be held in Paris on March 11th-13th, 2020 during the Hello Tomorrow Global Summit.
Applications to the Global Challenge are entirely free.
You are eligible if:
- Your activity is based on a new technology or an innovative application of an existing technology.
- You have a proof of concept, a prototype, a scientific validation of your claim, or are in the process of producing one.
- Your team is made up of two persons or more. Your project is not part of a larger company.
- Your project/startup is in early-stage (up to series A)
- You foresee an economically viable application on the market within 15 years.
- Your project has the potential to have a strong impact on the industry you target, and on society or the environment in general.
All previous Global Challenge participants are welcome to reapply as long as they have not been a Grand Winner or Track Winner.