IFPRI’s vision is a world free of hunger and malnutrition. Its mission is to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition.
What We Do
Global, regional, and national food systems face major challenges and require fundamental transformations. More than ever, responding to these challenges will require a systems-oriented, multidisciplinary approach to reshape food systems so they work for all people sustainably. IFPRI’s Strategy Refresh 2018–2020 builds on the strong base of work developed under the Institute’s 2013–2018 strategy and focuses on five strategic research areas:
- Fostering Climate-Resilient and Sustainable Food Supply
- Promoting Healthy Diets and Nutrition for All
- Building Inclusive and Efficient Markets, Trade Systems, and Food Industry
- Transforming Agricultural and Rural Economies
- Strengthening Institutions and Governance
- Applicants must be between the ages of 10 and 25, as of October 1, 2019.
- Multiple contestants can work together to make one video, as long as all members of the collective are between the ages of 10–17 and 18–25 per category at the time of submission.
- Immediate family members of IFPRI staff are not eligible to participate.
Selections will be based on a video’s success in presenting ideas, inspiring action, and emphasizing creativity, innovation and storytelling.