We are seeking 20 young leaders from the world for our annual Dalai Lama Fellows program. Applications for the 2020 fellowship may be submitted anytime between November 4, 2019 and January 5, 2020. Timeline and eligibility requirements can be found below.
In order to fulfill the minimum requirements, a candidate must demonstrate the following through the application:
- Be a next generation leader who is between 20-35 years old*
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience or interest in learning and practicing contemplative practices throughout the year
- Current engagement (or well-articulated plans) for a social change project in one’s local community and sustained engagement throughout the fellowship year
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the project is seeking to address, preferably with at least one year of previous experience working with the community
- Commitment to participate in our online learning platform, coaching calls, etc.
Attendance at the Contemplative Leadership Assembly in mid-June 2020 (Dalai Lama Fellows will cover all travel, lodging, and meals for the assembly)
*Candidates must be between 20-35 years old on Jan. 5, 2020. This is a firm age range, and due to the high volume of applications and the fellowship's focus on next generation leaders, we are currently unable to make exceptions.