Our purpose is to empower young people to help solve the biggest environmental and social issues of our time. We aim to inspire, support, and scale technologies dedicated to Earth’s sustainability, by bridging gaps between youth education, job creation, economic development and environmental sustainability and supplying the tools they need to make commercially viable businesses as well as tangible impact to the Global Goals in a coherent way.
We do this by bringing together the critical resources: visionary entrepreneurs, subject matter experts, investment capital and a shared purpose through an unprecedented challenge.
Individuals or as part of a team (“Entrant”) are eligible to enter (“Entry”) if they satisfy all the criteria listed below:
- The Entrant has an idea, is in the process of developing or has developed (i) a product or service based on a new or innovative technology, or (ii) an innovative application of an existing technology.
- The Entrants idea, product or service has the potential to address one (1) of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (here after “SDGs”) under five (5) categories. It is not possible to join multiple categories in the same Entry, yet separate Entries will be accepted. Our mentors can help decide the best category for you if your idea solves multiple problems across the UN’s SDG’s
- The Entrant has no restrictions on future funding based on the funding received from elsewhere as of the date of submission of Entry.
- The Entrant is not affiliated with ETC, any competition partner or agency assisting with competition promotional or organizational activities.
- Entrant must be 13 to 29 years of age at the time of Entry.
- Any Entrant aged between 13 and 17 must have a parent/guardian permission at the time of Entry.