The Roddenberry Prize seeks to highlight extraordinary organizations and support their efforts towards greater impact; seek out creative approaches from diverse members of our global community; and inspire others to take innovative and creative approaches to global problems.
Four awards of $250,000 will be granted to organizations working in the areas of Education, Environment, Science, or Humanity. In addition to the four $250,000 awardees, up to five organizations in each field will be recognized publicly as Prize Finalists.
Criteria for the Prize are innovativeness, potential for impact, vision, and track record.
The Roddenberry Foundation sources ideas from all corners of the globe. Eligible candidates for the Prize may be individuals, teams of individuals, non-profit organizations, or social enterprises. To be eligible, all applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Submit an application in English
- Include completed responses to all required application questions
- Agree to all legal terms and conditions of the Prize grant program
- Be able to legally receive grant funding