The HEINEKEN Africa Foundation works closely together with the HEINEKEN breweries in Sub-Saharan Africa and (N)GO’s.
Underpinning HEINEKEN’s long-standing commitment to Africa, projects are only carried out in the Sub-Saharan African countries in which HEINEKEN is operating.
For each project a partnership is created between the HEINEKEN Africa Foundation, the local HEINEKEN brewery and a local or international (N)GO. The Foundation provides funding and administrative assistance. The local brewery supports through means of manpower, expertise and monitoring. The (N)GO is responsible for the implementation and continuation of the project.
An eligible project proposal:
- focusses on Mother & Child care or WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene)
- directly improves the health situation for needy communities living in the environment of a HEINEKEN Sub-Saharan African organization. See here where HEINEKEN operates.
- cooperates with global and/or local partners (NGOs/GOs/overseas development ministries/international organizations)
- has measurable positive results
- has a sustainable follow-up or clear conclusion
- is approved and motivated by the General Manager of the related HEINEKEN operation
- is submitted to the HAF General Manager by the local HEINEKEN operating company
- does not exceed the maximum requested amount of EUR 500,000 over a 3-5 year period (with a maximum of EUR 175,000 per year)